Imagine 11,000 children and teens ripped from their homes and familiar surroundings, forced to live in temporary shelters, trying to gather the shattered pieces of their peaceful families.
Bayit Al HaYam (Home by the Sea) specializes in marine group therapy for communities and families. We established an immediate response program, “Safe Harbor“, working to empower, strengthen, and heal thousands of displaced children and teens who are in a heightened state of uncertainty and chaos, using the sea.
Our professionals and teams are stationed in Eilat with our marine equipment, closely addressing the children’s trauma. Through surfing, kayaking, or sailing, children in our programs test their limits, process fear and anger, and build resilience.
“Safe Harbor” – Key Principles
- 5 week program ; bi-weekly sessions
- 1,000 children participating weekly ; Group sessions divided into small groups of 15-20
- Fixed scheduled sessions – each session 3 hours
- Sessions including marine activities, trauma-informed support, and group summary
- Sessions accompanied by trauma and post-trauma therapists and marine specialists
- All activities are age-appropriate and tailored to address each child’s unique circumstances and needs
- Long-term commitment of three to six months, subject to the evacuee’s needs
We are determined to assist in the national effort to rehabilitate and heal our children, and serve as a long-term anchor in their long road to recovery. Your support will help us make a real impact in their lives.
Thank you, Bayit Al HaYam – Home by the Sea
*Bayit Al HaYam is a registered Israeli NPO with all necessary certifications.